Make sure that you learn the words in the Academic Word List. Learn the base word and the common forms. I’ll be posting five words a day. Your job is to learn them. Use a dictionary. See how they are used in sentences. Use them in your speaking and writing.
Keep a diary in which you can practice the words. You can also keep an audio diary on your phone or computer where you practice saying the words aloud and using them in sentences.
Check the vocab (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp) and then try this exercise.
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
1. Children can sometimes find very _______________ solutions to problems. (create)
2. Metal _______________ in cold conditions. (contract)
3. The doctor said he has a strong _______________, and could live until he is 100. (constitute)
4. When doing fill-the-gap exercises like this you need to use _______________ clues. (context)
5. If you provide the information, I’ll ______________ the website for you. (create)
ǝʇɐǝɹɔ ˙5 ןɐnʇxǝʇuoɔ ˙4 uoıʇnʇıʇsuoɔ ˙3 sʇɔɐɹʇuoɔ ˙2 ǝʌıʇɐǝɹɔ ˙1