Can you learn 5 words a day? Probably you already know some of the words in the Academic Word List, so you only need to learn a few words each day in order to master all 570 words.
It is important that you recognize and can use other forms of the word (noun, verb, adjective, adverb).
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the different forms if they seem to be different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
- If you ______________ good study habits, you can do well in IELTS. (establish)
- Some groups _______________ that due to climate change life as we know it will be drastically different in just 20 years. (estimate)
- It is _______________ that nuclear power poses environmental risks. (evidence)
- _______________ figures for this month look promising. (export)
- One ______________ in the nuclear debates is the recent disaster in Japan. (factor)
Answers (in the wrong order)
2. estimate 5. factor 1. establish 3. evident 4. export