How are you recording new vocabulary? Do you use cards? Do you put it in a diary? Do you use a write, cover, rewrite method? Whatever you do, make sure that you are learning new vocab every day.
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the different forms if they seem to be different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
IELTS Vocabulary – Academic Word List
1. If there is a ______________ of the leaking water during storms, we’ll have to call a plumber. (occur)
2. Close to 90 _______________ of the population support the leader. (percent)
3. Testing is held _______________. (period)
4. Have you seen the _______________documents? (policy)
5. For many people it is a matter of ______________. (principle)
Answers (can you read upside down?)
- principle 3. periodically 2.percent 1. reoccurrence 4. policy