Are any of these words or word forms new to you? If so, how do you plan to learn them?
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the different forms if they seem to be different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
IELTS Vocabulary – Academic Word List
1.The sign says to ______________ with caution because there are wild animals crossing the road up ahead. (proceed)
- Do you know the _______________ for applying for the IELTS test? (process)
3. What are the _______________ for enrolling at university? (require)
4. What is your _______________ project about? (research)
5. The patient was _______________ so mouth to mouth resuscitation was necessary. (respond)
Answers (in the wrong order below)
5. unresponsive 3. requirements 2.process / procedure 1. proceed 4. research