How much time do you put aside for IELTS practice each day? Do you have a regular routine?
Make sure that part of your routine is learning and remembering new vocabulary.
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
1. Getting the IELTS score that I need will be one of my biggest ______________ . (achieve)
2. Large businesses seem to grow by _______________ smaller businesses. (acquire)
3. Who will be _______________ sound the test tomorrow? (administer)
4. How do the new laws _______________ you? (affect)
5. Being over-polite is _______________ in some cultures. (appropriate)
Answers (in the wrong order below)
5. appropriate / inappropriate 3. administering 2. acquiring 1. achievements 4. affect