I know you’ve heard it before, but regular study really is the best way to become proficient in a language. You need to have routines of when you study and how you study.
What is your routine for learning new vocabulary?
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
1. Which ______________ of the IELTS test worries you the most?(aspect)
2. Could you _______________ us with the arrangements for tomorrow?(assist)
3. How would you _______________ this? Is it fact or fiction?(category)
4. Which _______________ are you up to in the book?(chapter)
5. Many people can’t find full time jobs so they work on a _______________. (commission)
Answers (in the wrong order below)
5. commission 3. categorise 2. assist 1. aspect 4. chapter