Are you noting collocations when you learn a new word? You should be noting which words often go together.
Eg. complex problem, degree of complexity
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
- The ______________ rallied to help the flood victims.(community)
- As you move through your university course the degree of _______________ increases.(complex)
- Does anyone still use desktop _______________ these days?(computer)
- Look at the time! We’ll have to _______________ the meeting now.(conclude)
- Who is going to _______________ the next training session? (conduct)
Answers (in the wrong order below)
- conduct 3. computers 2. complexity 1. community 4. conclude