How are you remembering vocabulary? Do you use a look, cover, write method as part of your study? That helps with spelling. What about meanings? What method do you use to remember the meanings of new words?
Collocations that are worth noting: focus group, final exam, impact on, injury to (his head/arm, etc), sustained an injury
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
- A ______________ of studying at university is the social atmosphere. (feature)
- Once I _______________ the sale of my house, I’m going on a long holiday. (final)
- Business uses _______________ groups to give them information about how consumers view products. (focus)
- Technology has had a huge _______________ on the way people interact with another today. (impact)
- He sustained _______________ to his arms and shoulders when he fell from his bike. (injury)
Answers (in the wrong order below)
- injuries 3. focus 2. finalise 1. feature 4. impact