You can do it. Keep increasing your vocabulary and your confidence using it. Have a routine for learning new
When you learn new vocab, note collocations too. For this group of words some collocations are:
logical deduction, deductive reasoning, product documentation, documentary on/about, documented cases, dominant hand, dominate the field
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
- The singular is criterion; what is the plural? ______________ (criteria)
- Sherlock Holmes uses logical _______________ to solve mysterious crimes. (deduce)
- Could you _______________ the use of the software to the rest of the staff tomorrow? (demonstrate)
- Did you see the _______________ about peak oil?(document)
- Which is your _______________ hand? (dominate)
Answers (in the wrong order below)
5. dominant 3. demonstrate 2. deduction 1. criteria 4. documentary / document