Are you adding new words and new forms of words to your vocabulary every day? No? Why not? That’s what you need to do!
When you learn new vocab, make sure that you note collocations too. For this group of words some collocations are:
sex act, sex offender, shift-work, specify an amount, job specifications, suffice to say, tasked with
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
1. Did you know that there is a register of ______________ offenders? (sex)
2. He is working the morning _______________ this week. (shift)
3. Did you see the job_______________ for the supervisor position? (specific)
4. In the future wealthier people may be _______________in energy. (sufficient)
5. What is your_______________ in the enquiry? (task)
Answers (in the wrong order below)
5. task 3. specifications 2. shift 1. sex 4. self-sufficient