Creating a habit of studying vocabulary is key to success in building a strong vocab that will help you to communicate and improve your success in IELTS.
When you learn new vocab, make sure that you note collocations too. For this group of words some collocations are:
stressed by, stressed about, sum of, sum up, summary of
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
- She is quite ______________ about starting her new job. (stress)
- Her first exam results were very good and her _______________ exam results were even better. (subsequent)
- How would you _______________ up your point of view? (sum)
- I only saw the _______________, but it made the article seem quite interesting. (summary)
- It is quite a dangerous _______________. (undertake)
Answers (in the wrong order below)
5. undertaking 3. sum 2. subsequent 1. stressed 4. summary