A good vocabulary is key to good communication. Keep developing your knowledge of English words.
When you learn new vocab, make sure that you note collocations too. For this group of words some collocations are:
in excess, exceedingly rich, exceedingly busy, expert analysis, expert opinion, expertise in, gave explicit instructions, federation of, fee for
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
- The final product has ______________ our expectations. (exceed)
- They sought_______________ opinion on how to manage their financial strategy. (expert)
- She was given _______________ instructions on how to set up the lab. (explicit)
- The new_______________ of countries has vowed to fight climate issues. (federal)
- Most companies charge _______________ for accessing their data. (fee)
Answers (in the wrong order)
5. fees 3. explicit 2. expert 1. exceeded 4. federation