Learn the various forms of the words on this list. They will help to give you a much richer vocabulary.
When you learn new vocab, make sure that you note collocations too. For this group of words some collocations are:
as flexible as, inflexible attitude, and furthermore, gender equality, ignore it,
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the word.
- As we age our ______________decreases. (flexible)
- And _______________ all assessments must be in by the due dates. (furthermore)
- _______________ equality hasn’t been achieved yet. (gender)
- The instructions can be _______________ as they are unnecessarily complicated. (ignore)
- The low pay is a _______________ to becoming a teacher. (incentive)
Answers (in the wrong order)
5. disincentive 3. Gender 2. furthermore 1. flexibility 4. ignored