BAND 6 SPEAKING
Why did this candidate get a Band 6?
THINGS HE DOES WELL
- Continues speaking – gives extended answers.
- Uses some good vocab – “we need to focus on …”
- Handles the future well – “In future we will …”
THINGS HE DOESN’T DO SO WELL
Lots of mistakes with simple past:
- “Those people who ARE famous in the past …” (Ooops! – WERE)
- “The DO a lot … ” (Oooops! DID)
Lots of grammatical errors:
- ” … found a new way about building a new thing …”
(Oooops! FOUND NEW WAYS TO SOLVE PROBLEMS / CREATE NEW THINGS)
- ” It can change the way of we see the world. Especially to the children.”
(Ooops! THE WAY WE SEE THE WORLD. IT IS ESPECIALLY INFLUENTIAL ON YOUNG CHILDREN.)
- “They say movie is good”
(Oooops! THEY SAY MOVIES ARE GOOD)
WHAT HE COULD DO TO IMPROVE
- He needs to work on grammar. Probably if he thinks about it, he would be aware of most of his mistakes, but he has formed a habit which he learned early on. He needs to practice speaking every day and needs to record himself so that he uses past tenses correctly.
- He needs to work on his vocabulary. There were a few opportunities to use more sophisticated vocabulary, but instead he used simple vocab with incorrect grammar. An example is where he was talking about the impact of famous people on children. He could have been talking about positive and negative role models and/or positive and negative influence.