To use vocabulary correctly you need to be very familiar with it. You become familiar with it by using it. When words are new, always use them in your daily diary writing and try to bring them into your conversation too.
When you learn new vocab, make sure that you note collocations too. For this group of words some collocations are:
appear identical, identical to, dominant ideology, capitalist ideology, religious ideology, can infer, to infer, require us to innovate, insert carefully, insert between, insert into, insert in, insert through
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences. Choose the correct word and then use the correct form of the word.
1. The pin didn’t open it the first time, so I had to ______________ it. (infer, insert)
2. Many of the disputes around the world today are due to the many differing religious ______________. (innovate, ideology)
3. With the information given it is not possible to make any _______________. (infer, ideology)
4. This shirt is _______________ to the one you wore to the wedding. (identical, insert)
5. The ______________ with this printer is that its colour cartridges last much longer and the print surface is more like a photo. (identical, innovate)
Answers (in the wrong order)
5. innovation 3. inferences 2. ideologies 1. reinsert 4. identical