Virtual friendships via social media are widespread these days.
When you learn new vocab, make sure that you note collocations too. For this group of words some collocations are:
virtual reality, virtually there
visual media, visually impaired
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences. Choose the correct word and then use the correct form of the word.
- We went from Germany to the Netherlands ______________ Belgium. (via, widespread)
- Opportunities for young people are ______________ non-existent in the public service these days. (visual, virtual)
- _______________ impairment can make a lot of ordinary things difficult. (visual, vehicle)
- When there are rumours of financial collapse, there can be _______________ panic. (widespread, via)
- In some countries ______________ are no longer allowed on the road once they are 10 years old. (virtual, vehicle)
Answers (in the wrong order)
5. vehicles 3. Visual 2. virtually 1. via 4. widespread