There are thousands of TED talks available on the internet and they are a great source for listening. Listen and later write down the 4 main ideas you remember.
Here’s a TED talk for which I’ve written 5 questions. Listen and answer.
Nilofer Merchant: Got a meeting? Take a walk
Fill the gaps with the word/s you hear. (TIP – You must use the exact word you hear, not a synonym.)
- People __________ for 9.3 hours a day.
- Physical inactivity can lead to __________ cancer and colon cancer.
- The speaker’s first walking meeting involved another person and their __________.
- The speaker walks __________ miles per week in her meetings.
- Fresh air leads to __________.
Check your answers below. If you missed an answer, listen again. See if you can hear it.
5. fresh thinking 2. breast 3. dog/dogs 1. sit 4. 20 to 30