Eek! I put the wrong vocabulary up yesterday! Thanks for letting me know Anyeta. Here is number 105 again, this time with the correct vocabulary. 🙂
‘Protocol’ is a code for behaviour or steps to take in a range of situations.
When you learn new vocab, make sure that you note collocations too. For this group of words some collocations are:
preliminary findings, preliminary results
refined sugar, unrefined sugar
relax before, relax when, relax prior to
Check the meanings of the words if you don’t already know them. Check the meanings of the various forms as sometimes they are different. You can check them at Time4english by clicking the words (http://www.time4english.com/aamain/lounge/awl.asp).
Complete the sentences. Choose the correct word and then use the correct form of the word.
- According to the advertising, the new beds provide a ______________ different level of comfort. (protocol, qualitative)
- Do you know the ______________ for greeting a member of the royal family? (refine, protocol)
- _______________ products such as white flour and sugar are not good for our health. (refine, preliminary)
- I get so stressed at work sometimes that I’ve started listening to _______________ tapes. (relax, qualitative)
- The ______________ results suggest that cancer may be present. (preliminary, relax)
Answers (in the wrong order)
5. preliminary 3. Refined 2. protocol 1. qualitative 4. relaxation