ADVICE FROM STUDENTS WHO HAVE TAKEN IELTS
This is a useful video from British Council. The former candidates share some excellent ideas.
You need to develop your awareness of tenses. Are you being asked about the past, present or future? Is a modal being used (can, would, should, etc)? Listen to the tenses in the questions and answer appropriately. Here are a few questions to practice with. Read the question and answer in the appropriate tense.
1. Why do people drink coffee?
2. Why have people learned to cook complicated foods?
3. What can be done to help people affected by rules that say they must retire?
4. Do you remember the first time you caught public transport on your own?
5. Why did people in the past dress differently than we do today?
6. If you had a chance, would you make a movie? Why?
IELTS SPEAKING TIP 9
IELTS SPEAKING TIP10
IELTS SPEAKING TIP 8
Sounds to increase your fluency
IELTS SPEAKING TIP 7
IELTS SPEAKING TIP 6
IELTS SPEAKING TIP 5
IELTS SPEAKING TIP 4
IELTS SPEAKING TIP 1